Friday, February 14, 2014

Hobby Projects - Update


I thought I would update my Hobby Goals for 2014, so here we go!


1) Run an Apocalypse Game
This is still something I want to do, but something I don't plan on thinking about till October. I like the idea of maybe using it as a cool Christmas game, plus I'd prefer to have as much of my stuff completed/painted before doing this.

2) Actually Prepare for my Dark Heresy Games and slowly build up a living 'Sector' in the 40k galaxy
This I had been doing, but alas due to Game Group Drama (seriously, us geeks get a bad rep for a good fucking reason) my Dark Heresy group has disbanded for the time being. I plan on reviving it in a month or two, sans a few people. I've also been building my living sector, I've created a mini wiki blog on the Sector and filled it with SOME information, but more works needs to be done on that.

3)Buy / Build a Hobby Table
DONE!
It's a bit hobboish, but I have 3 6ft by 4.5ft folding tables which provide a solid and fairly flat gaming table. It's not perfect, but it'll do for the next few years. WOOT! First Hobby Goal Done!

4) Paint an Actual Army!
Not even a drop of paint has been placed. I've thought about....ooh yes I have thought about it. But otherwise bugger all has been done. I have come up with a clever idea to motivate myself, but I'll post about that later.

5) Paint my Fantasy Terrain
Same as above....

6) Build 40k Ice World Scenery
I am working on this actually, I've built a few pieces, I just need to go and buy some more Bastions and some MDF to base the ruined Bastions on.

7) Paint Ice World Table
This is pretty much done! I looked at the table yesterday and I actually realised that I don't want to paint the skulls and that they look better blue. So all that needs to be done is to put the water effect in the cracks and then get onto the Imperial Strongpoint Tile.

8) Paint my Zone Mortalis
Also, has not been touched...It'll happen though!!

One and a half months down and one a half goals down...granted they were two of the easier ones, but I am feeling pretty happy with myself. I think it's time to try and kick down one of the big lad goals....maybe the Zone Mortalis....

1 comment: