Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Uncle Nurgle's Ice World Realm of Battle - Part 2


The Ice Table is virtually complete!


Kicking off from where I ended last post, I had very little left to do on the board, although it looked like there was still a considerable amount of work required.

The first stage was the paint the ice cracks. I personally decided that in addition to the skull pits, any 'cracks' on the flat segments of the board would get the same treatment. To give a contrast to the dark greys of the board, I went with Ice Blue (or whatever they call that colour now). Once applied I then went over the areas I accidentally over painted and then finally dry brushed all of the black areas with three different greys and then finally, with everything dry, I 'dusted' the board with white spray.

I initally tried to use the airbrush to 'dust' the board with white, but either airbrushes just aren't particularly good at that sort of thing or I still suck at airbrushing, as it didn't work very well. Instead I took a can of white spray and went to town.

Realm of Battle Board - after the initial 'iceing'
Realm of Battle Board - After the clean up
Realm of Battle Board - After the drybrushing


Ice World Realm of Battle Table






There is a little bit more work left, I want to put some detail on the skulls and then I need to fill the skull pits with liquid water effect. This will take some time as you want to slowly layer the water effect otherwise you risk cracking and shrinkage. I also need to paint up the Forgeworld Imperial Strongpoint Tile, so I haven't yet finished by first Hobby Goal of 2014, but I'm damn close!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great man! I am looking forward to seeing some terrain on top :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm taking a break from scenery, I'm getting a little jaded making it, so I'm going to go back to army building/painting for a bit. At the very least though, I've got a whole chunk of unpainted scenery!

      Delete
  2. Definitely good to switch. I always find I need a nice army to play with my nice terrain too lol

    ReplyDelete