Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Airbrush Conundrum

I'm wanting to pick up an Airbrush for all the scenery I have coming over in the shipment and also my Reaver Titan, but I'm unsure what to get.
I'm looking at an Iwata and I know I want a Duel Action Gravity Feed airbrush and getting a compressor, but otherwise I'm a little stuck.

Here are the two brush sets I'm looking at the moment.

http://www.amazon.com/Iwata-Eclipse-Airbrushing-System-Compressor/dp/B003ZW79QS/ref=sr_1_4?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1382552998&sr=1-4&keywords=dual+action+gravity+feed+airbrush

http://www.amazon.com/Iwata-Eclipse-Airbrushing-System-Compressor/dp/B001OXVEUW/ref=sr_1_3?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1382552998&sr=1-3&keywords=dual+action+gravity+feed+airbrush

I've only just started looking, if anyone has any opinions I would be most appreciative.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I do indeed own a few Iwatas (Revolution, HP-C+, Kustom Micron, Kustom Revolution). If you are going to be using this for scenery and a Titan I would recommend the Revolution CS 0.5 nozzle, if you're using the 0.3 nozzle Hp-C+ you'll be in for a long ride as it's intended mostly for fine detail and you'll have a hard time getting much coverage. Also that compressor is a bit overkill, I use the Sprint Jet and it works great for just about everything I do (miniatures/detailing). It really depends on your experience with an airbrush, if this is your first get the Iwata Revolution and Sprint Jet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks so much for the advice, I will do just that and pick up the items you suggested. Also thanks for being the first comment on the blog!

    ReplyDelete