Saturday, October 26, 2013

Savage Orc Big Boss Battle Standard Bearer


Savage Orc Big Boss Battle Standard

Continuing on with my recent spring of conversions/kit bashes I decided to put together a Savage Orc Big Boss Battle Standard Bearer. He is the first of the three heroes/lords that will sit in my Savage Orc horde and as I only have the Savage Orc Warboss model (who has a two handed weapon, which i think is a waste, but w/e) I decided to have a go at creating one.



I'm pretty happy with him, he was a fairly simple kit bash, with the head coming from the Orc Boy command sprue, the weapon again from the command sprue which I simply just and stuck on a savage Orc hand. The biggest change is the standard he carries. I really wanted him to have an impressive banner as I have both of the Forgeworld Orc and Goblin Battle Standard Models (Night Goblin & Regular Orc) and they are HUGE and beautiful. The banner is from the Ogre Mournfang kit and I really think it complements the aesthetic look of the model and the unit it will sit in.

Here are some more shots of the Big Boss and also a photo from the GW site of the plastic savage orc warboss for comparision.

Savage Orc Battle Standard

Savage Orc Battle Standard


No comments:

Post a Comment