Monday, October 21, 2013

Goblin Wolf Riders

Goblin Wolf Riders


Unleash the Wolves of War! So this weekend I did a bit of kit bashing and this is one the fruits of my weekend of labor.
I've always hated the old 90's wolves, whether they were in my Vampire Count army as Dire Wolves, my Space Wolf Army as Fenrision Wolves or when I bought the Orc and Goblin Mega Force many Christmas' ago. Due to this, they've stayed in hobby purgatory until I GW released the gorgeous Fenrision Wolves a little while ago. I saw them and thought, yes they would make a great substitution.

Well that was like a year ago, and after a great Dark Heresy gaming session on Tuesday I had a little bit of extra cash to spend and so I got the last box of wolves in order to experiment with on the weekend.

Goblin Wolf Riders Conversion
  

I'm really happy with how they've come out. They needed next to no converting, just sticking the Goblins in the right position on the wolf and then doing a bit of cutting and drilling on the wolves feet so that they could be stuck on my Resin bases. 

The only hiccup came in the form of the one wolf who is bent really far down, and thus made the Goblin look like he was more concerned with the cut of the grass on the battlefield rather than the unit they're about to charge. To compensate from that I drilled a hole in the Goblin's torso and legs, stuck a pin in it, bent it back a little so that he was more upright and then filled in the gap with greenstuff. I was going to do another fur belt treatment like I did with the Orc Shaman, but it looks alright as it is, more like a little cumberband.

Here are some close ups on the 5 wolves, the next time I'm at the store I'll pick up another pack so that I can finish the Unit off and bring it up to 10.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment