Thursday, October 17, 2013

The US Postal Service Delivers a Heresy Bar None


Okay so the title might be a slight exaggeration, but I feel it was worth while.

This morning UPS (yes I know it's not the same as the us postal service, but that had a better ring to it for the title) dropped off a package at work for me.

Horus Rising Hardback

I've been a huge fan of the heresy since my rediscovery of the hobby 6 years ago, the writing, the story, the historic significance was just amazing and played a huge part in keeping involved in the hobby. Recently though (I'm not sure if a year and a half counts as recently, but w/e) the books haven't really drawn me in. Don't get me wrong I've still kept up with buying them, the limited edition novellas and the audio books, but since The Outcast Dead I just haven't been able to dive back in. I won't go into what it was about The Outcast Dead that slightly killed things for me, but suffice to say I miss the series.

Anyway, I ordered this little hard back beauty along with the recent limited editon heresy novella so that I can slowly build up my Hardback collection. I think it sits nicely with the others I've picked up.

Horus Heresy Hard Back Collection

My only grip is that the Black Library LOVES to send me these books in corregated cardboard and inevitably there is some damage to the dust cover. The last book, Vulcan Lives, I had to get them to send me the dust cover twice before getting to a point I was happy with. This time, there are some odd scratches/marks on the spine, I'm going to try using lighter fluid to gently wash them off and see what happens. Otherwise it's back to the black library customer support number and I'm sure the guy who spoke to me previously will be delighted to hear my voice for what must be the 7the time.....

  
I know it's a tiny defect, I know I'm anal about it, BUT these are $30 dollars a pop or £20 a go depending if you live in glorious shit weathered England or in a sunny state of a morally corrupt former colony. If it shit out rainbows and pissed dolphins out of its eyes then yeah, okay maybe a dent or two wouldn't matter, but it's just a book, so if I'm going to pay this much for it Ikind of expect it in perfect quality. 

Regardless though I love to see my collection grow...I'm a but of a sucker for anything limited edition or  special hardback versions of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment